Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It's a Skill, Not a Talent

Most of us believe that a person's intellect (her capacity to think) is fixed; it's something that each of us is born with and there's not a lot that you can do to change it.

It's not unreasonable to believe this. After all, it's what we've been told since we were kids. It's something upon which "experts" agree.

It's reasonable to believe that your capacity to think is fixed; it's reasonable, but it's also completely wrong.

If you want to change one thing that could change everything else, change how you think about thinking. Your ability to think is not a native capacity; it's a skill. And like any skill, it can be developed.

How would you develop it?

Well, think about it.

Happy Tuesday, Teflon



1 comment:

  1. It took me several years to understand that
    Now I feel free just like the nickname I used at OI
    And it feels great!
    I post most of My discoveries In the Facebook group I created
    My last thought was "Responsibility, ownership, and God"
    The name of My group Is "Happiness Study Group"
    Everybody is welcome to join!

    ReplyDelete

Read, smile, think and post a message to let us know how this article inspired you...