Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting Less for the Sun

One of my favorite days of the year is the Winter Solstice. Just knowing that the days will be getting longer and the nights shorter, I feel as though winter (though technically just beginning) is over. 

Call me delusional, but that feeling pervades my sensibilities. The next day, I wake up and think, "Ah, two more minutes of light today! Winter's almost over."

That sensation carries me through the rest of December and into January. Day by day, I gain another couple of minutes of light. January ends and the feeling is still there, that sense that spring is just around the corner.

February rolls in bringing with each day another couple of minutes of light. Then one morning it happens. I open my eyes and see the shapes of trees outside my window. It's getting light already and wasn't even awake!

That morning would be this one, making February 6 one of my favorite days of the year.

Happy Wednesday,
Teflon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read, smile, think and post a message to let us know how this article inspired you...