Monday, January 23, 2012

Whatever

Whatever...

Whatever what?

You know, WHAT EVER!

Uh... no, I don't know. Whatever?

Ugh... are you just stupid or something?

I guess.

Wait! You really think you're stupid.

No, I think that you think I'm really stupid.

Whatever!

Whatever what?

Hmph... OK, let me trie and explain it to you.

Please.

Look, you think you know so much, but you don't know shit.

OK.

OK? OK what?

OK, I don't know shit.

Yeah. You don't.

Yup.

So, uh... Wait, you agree with me?

Yeah, I have no clue as to what you're talking about.

I'm talking about how you always think you know what I'm thinking like you really know me or something. But you don't know me.

I don't know you?

Don't go disagreeing with me!

I'm n... OK.

So, you agree that you don't know me?

If by "know me" you mean that I have you all figured out, then nope. I don't know you.

So, uh.

So I don't know you, now what?

Now, uh.

Do you want me to get to know you?

Well... yeah, of course.

How would you like me to do that?

Well you could start by showing some friggin' interest in what I'm doing.

What are you doing?

See, you don't even know what I'm doing!

No, I just asked you, "What are doing?"

Well why'd you ask that?

First, because it seemed important to you that I know what you're doing and it also seemed important to you that I don't know already. Second, I want to know what you're doing because I'm interested.

Why?

Well, it really has nothing to do with you. I'm just generally interested in the things that people do, but mostly the things for which they're passionate. In a sense, there's nothing special about you in that regard; I'm just interested in people.

You're saying that I'm not special?

Uh... yeah, I guess I am. I'm interested in knowing what you're doing because you're someone in my life. I'd like to find out what you consider to be interesting and important.

But you're not interested in just "me?"

Well, no, at least not as a physiological or spiritual entity. After all, as you pointed out, I don't know you. I'd like to get to know you, at least to start. After that, I might conclude that you're not particularly interesting; I might conclude that you're fascinating.

That's so screwed up!

What is?

That you're only interested in people who are interesting to you, that you're not interested in the people who you should be interested in.

Whatever.

You should be interested in me. How could you not?

Why should I find you interesting? As you point out, I don't even know you and it seems that you're not much interested in sharing anything.

That's crazy! We're related. We're family. You have to find your family members interesting.

Why?

Because... well, I mean... hmm... What would happen if everyone just decided to be interested only in people they thought were interesting?

I don't know. What would happen?

Uh... It would be horrible.

Why?

Because... Well, I don't know. I mean, what if no one found me interesting?

What if?

I might end up completely alone.

You might.

How can you say that!

How can I say what?

That I'm going to end up completely alone! You're so cruel: scaring someone by telling her that if she doesn't become interesting she's gonna end up all by herself with no one to love her.

I told you that?

Your certainly did!

So, why is it that you want me to get to know you?

Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read, smile, think and post a message to let us know how this article inspired you...