Saturday, December 10, 2011

You Don't Need to Know

Susan, all I can say is that I want be with you. I was a fool to leave you, crazy. Something happened and it all became clear. You are the perfect woman for me. There can be no other.

Wow, Hank, that's a pretty extreme contrast to what you told me a week ago. I remember phrases like "we're just not right for each other" and "people change" and "it's not you, it's me."

Yes, I did say those things. I must have been completely out of my mind. When I came to my senses, I couldn't believe what I'd said or how wrong I'd been. There it was, the truth staring me in the eye. I knew I had to get you back.

So what happened? What sparked such an epiphany?

Oh, just a bunch of things that got me thinking more about you.

Things? What kind of things?

You know, things happen that get you thinking? Uh... You miss your train and you gotta wait for the next one; it gives you time to think.

Missing your train inspired you to completely rethink your relationship with me?

Well, not exactly, I mean, it was a lot of things working together. All that's not important. The important thing is that I came to my senses.

Uh huh. But there must of been something significant to inspire such a radical change. You were totally done with me. If I were a betting woman, I'd have bet that I'd never see you again, let alone hear what you're saying now. What was the big event?

It really doesn't matter does it? What matters is that I'm here and you're here.

No, what matters to me is why you're here. So, give it to me. What changed?

Well, if you really think it's that important.

It's that important.

OK, but you have to know that the reasons don't change how I feel about you.

I understand.

Well, um... Dana dumped me.

What? Dana? Dana from accounting? You left me for Dana?

Well, no. I mean, we had grown apart and things had changed between us.

Things like Dana you mean. I can't believe I bought that line of crap you sold me. I can't believe that I was about to buy another.

Now you're all upset and you've completely lost track of the main point. I'm here and I want to be with you more than anyone else in the world. I knew that it'd be better if you didn't know why.

Better for whom?



Happy Saturday,
Teflon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read, smile, think and post a message to let us know how this article inspired you...