Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You Got Your Reasons

There's a cute and goofy movie called Dodgeball. You might not want to watch the whole thing, but there is this one scene that I really love. The hero, Peter LeFleur, decides to hang it up just before the finals. He quits the team and the game, without notice, and heads to the airport to leave town. While waiting for his plane, he sits at the airport bar...

LANCE:Hey, aren't you Peter LeFleur?
PETER:Lance Armstrong?
LANCE:Yeah, I'm a big fan of yours. I've been watching the Dodgeball tournament on the OCHO, ESPN 8. Good luck on the tournament, I'm really pulling for you against those jerks from Globo-Gym. Hey, you better hurry up. You're going to be late.
PETER:Actually I've decided to quit, Lance.
LANCE:Quit? You know, once I felt like quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer, all at the same time. But with the love and support of friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. I'm sure you have a good reason to quit.
PETER:Sighs...
LANCE:So what are you dying from that's keeping you from the finals?
PETER: Uhhh…Right now it feels a little bit like, umm, shame.
LANCE:Well I guess if a guy never quit when the going got tough, then he'd have something to regret for the rest of his life. Good luck to you Peter! I'm sure this decision won't haunt you forever.


Happy Tuesday!
Teflon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read, smile, think and post a message to let us know how this article inspired you...