Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tomorrow is a new day.

Yesterday evening I sat myself on the couch to write this article. A headache was pestering me and I could not think about anything. I turned on the television for some inspiration and found a show about Albino people, and how they make their lives work with their special handicaps. I didn’t see the beginning of the show, but it seems that most albino people have sight issues. In the show one girl had the challenge that her eyes constantly move from one side to the next. She was trying to become an actress. Another guy, just starting college, was playing football. Both represented a new generation of kids that do not let their handicap decide what they can or cannot do.

I opened my laptop and wanted to write about this, but my headache was still pounding and after a while I gave up. I put the laptop to the side, slid down on the couch, pulled a blanket up and tried to relax. I must have fallen asleep, because Mark woke me up to go to bed.

At that time I told Mark, remind me that I can write about “tomorrow is a new day!”

I might have written about this before, because this belief is one that helps me get new inspiration, no matter where I am in life.

Tomorrow is a new day is an expression full with possibilities. It closes today and gives us a fresh new start in the morning. We can make tomorrow a continuation of today. “I had so much fun, I don’t want it to stop. Yeah, tomorrow is a new day”. We can also use it to make a change “This day sucked. I want it to be over. Yeah, tomorrow is a new day.”

Tomorrow is a new day is what the albino girl used when she got rejected from her auditions. Her dream didn’t happen today, but tomorrow was a new day. She used it to stay motivated on her goals. The boy used the same expression when applying for his driver license. Because of his visual handicap he had to go through a special procedure and it was a challenge. But every time he had a rough day, he got over it.

And I used it when I decided to no longer cram on this article and instead let my body take the rest it said it needed. And now I am in tomorrow, I am easily and quickly write what yesterday seemed so hard!

I wish you a great day today. And remember: Tomorrow is a new day!

Love Iris

P.S. Happy fathers day ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read, smile, think and post a message to let us know how this article inspired you...