Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear Kathy, Happy Birthday to me! I love singing so much, I have been singing to myself all week. For my birthday, I ate incredible Tangelberry pie yesterday, I slept in today (hence my late blog), and plan to do something special for myself all year long! This is a very special year for me as it is the last year the numbers will go up. Yes you heard it! Once I hit 40 the numbers will go back down and when I hit 0, the numbers will go back up again! This way I plan to live to be 10 at least three times. I will truly enjoy reliving my thirties and experiencing my teenage years with an entirely new perspective. I am most looking forward to dropping all of societies beliefs about age by approaching my birthdays this way. Imagine how it will feel to have the curiosity of a 10 year old when my body is 70. What an experience! By changing my beliefs about age, I am taking greater accountability for my life. For example, when I wake up with a stiff back in the morning, I won't be able to say "boy, I'm getting old" instead I will say "boy am I out of shape, I better add more exercise to my life". When I decide to make breakfast for dinner when I am 5 again, it will be because it is "cool" not because my dentures are bothering me. When I get down on the floor to play with my grandchildren when I am 12, I will stay on the floor because it is so much fun not because I can't get up. Ahhhh what an amazing life I have!
Love to all,
Kathy

3 comments:

  1. :-) Love that attitude, Kathy! Happy 40!

    (In my case, I decided to stop at 25, and just keep celebrating anniversaries of that 25th birthday).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kathy!
    I love the idea of rolling back and forth through the years. I'm tempted to put together a spread sheet to determine the optimal roll-forward/roll-backward points based on intersection of age with life experience. You know, like, do I want to retire at 10 or at 20 or at 30?

    I think 39 is a great year and not just because it's an even multiple of 13 (though I am quite fond of even multiples of prime numbers). In my experience, 39 is the year where people either start getting old or the start not getting old. Why? I have no idea. But, it's a great year to set the tone for the next 39 (or 40) years.

    Iris and I are currently under mutually exclusive contract until I'm 106 and then we can re-up if it's working out.

    Have a great 40th year!

    Teflon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being forty - and I might consider staying forty forever...

    Happy Forty, Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Read, smile, think and post a message to let us know how this article inspired you...